Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
Provides advanced administrative level secretarial and clerical services to staff, faculty, and students. Maintains official college records and executes administrative polices as determined by organization and/or Dallas College guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• In a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, must be able to handle a large variety of duties relating to organization or assigned area of responsibility and to work with all levels of the organization to meet the vision, mission and goals of the department and Dallas College.
• Must be able to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data; organize and priority work assignments to ensure timelines and due dates are met.
• Must be able to coordinate and facilitate solutions with internal/external stakeholders and constituents, within delegated range of authority.
• Must be able to prioritize and/or change work assignments as needed to meet new established deadlines.
• Ability to manage a filing system, track incoming and outgoing correspondence and coordinate office procedures.
• Within a diverse, multicultural organization, must be able to embrace the diversity of staff, faculty, students, and other individuals within/outside the organization.
• Must be able to cultivate and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholders within and outside the organization.
• Able to work independently and in a team environment to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Able to analyze and evaluate information/situations and facilitate or recommend reasonable solutions.
• Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively use a variety of software and information systems to input/retrieve and/or manage data.
• Must be ethical and uses integrity when communicating and/or interacting with all individuals within the Dallas College network community.
• Must be able to use a variety of communication skills to convey information to individuals internal/external to the organization.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Associates degree plus two (2) years of administrative work experience or four (4) years of administrative work experience. Official transcripts are required.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for administrative support of senior managers and executives involving the management and operation of the office and the execution of processes, policies, and procedures according to organizational guidelines and district policies/procedures.
• Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work environment by supporting diversity and the mission and values of the organization.
• Responsible for scheduling meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, calendar management, expense report management and/or composing routine correspondence.
• Depending on assigned area of responsibility, duties may include but not limited to, providing support to faculty, staff and students related to preparation of contracts, development of class schedules, room assignments, preparation of periodic and special reports, etc.
• Maintains confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
• Participates in professional development activities to enhance job knowledge and stay up to date on changing trends and technology associated with assigned area of responsibility.
• Works closely and effectively with diverse stakeholders and constituents internal and external to the organization and the Dallas College network community, keeping them well informed of upcoming events, commitments, etc., and follows up appropriately.
• Within area of responsibility, may act as liaison and/or primary resource for faculty, staff and/or students in areas relating to program information, enrollment process, tuition reimbursement, campus services, and with other public and/or private organizations regarding campus services, internal/external requests for information which may include the research, analyzation, and summarization of data from files and records, etc.
• Develops and maintains complex, highly confidential information such as problem/disciplinary actions, recommendation letters, evaluations, grades, and other material on behalf of the organization.
• Keeps abreast of all organizational changes.
• Undertakes projects and exercises sound judgement in the preparation of correspondence, reports and presentations.
• Responsible for inventory and maintenance of office equipment.
• Attends meetings, sits on committees and/or councils on behalf of management or the organization.
• Uses excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills when interacting with diverse multicultural individuals within the Dallas College network community.
• Proficient in the use of email and Microsoft Office Suite. May monitor budget and/or supervise assigned personnel.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.