Coordinator – Technical IT AV Services
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
Coordinates and implements the services provided by the IT Services/Operations department. Coordinate configuring, integrating, and operating state of the art IT and Audio/Visual systems integrated with audio/ video conferencing, projection, audio, video recording, playback, and remote-control devices. Uses and supports college supported computer technology. Trains staff and users to use supported IT AV software and equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge and experience using computer operating systems, software, document cameras, projectors, digital displays, sound control systems and other audio-visual equipment as it relates to support of Dallas College IT Services. Ability to organize and schedule work effectively. Ability to organize all the tasks and execute at the same on time.
• Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, coordinate events and communicate with others. Ability to learn and apply new systems and applications in a timely manner. Ability to work extended hours beyond a normal workweek including evenings and weekends. Must hold a valid driver’s license in order to travel to various off-site locations. Ability to work independently or with a team.
• Able to work with project teams due dates and projects as scheduled or assigned. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to learn and use college supported devices and related equipment as needed. Able to operate a wide variety of AV and IT equipment for the set-up of multi streaming events as needed.
• Proven knowledge and experience in providing effective customer service. Effective problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Ability to use ladders to access, service and or install ceiling projectors and wall mounted displays. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency plus three (3) years of experience in coordination and support of Media events.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license in order to travel to various off-site locations. Official transcripts will be required
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates meetings, schedules staffing, identifies technical needs assessments and request technical assistance when needed. Includes, but not limited to, identifying appropriate equipment, coordinating with staff, installing, setting up and operating equipment, for web streaming, sound systems, remote and face-to-face events. Ability to understand and create room design setups for equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions, performs minor repairs or adjustments to IT/audio/video equipment and, identifies major repair and replacement needs. Repair and troubleshoot the technical errors faced while installing and using audio visual equipments. Ability to install software and troubleshoot software as needed. May be responsible for department with inventory. Coordinate, support and record College events on and off campus.
• Preform video streaming on devices such as Windows PC/MAC, cameras and other college supported devices as needed. Experience installing and using document cameras, projectors, digital displays, digital video cameras, digital switchers and audio microphones. Ability to conduct basic telecommunication and networking support and troubleshooting.
• Works with campus and outside vendors or contractors as it relates to current projects and/or the use of event facilities. Communicates with internal and external clients to facilitate workflow, project planning and execution of projects. Works to ensure that services are of the highest quality, delivered in a timely manner, and meets college expectations and deadlines.
• Maintains inventory of equipment, such as, computers, cameras, tripods, monitors, amplified and non-amplified speakers, amplifier cases, audio mixing boards, microphones, cables and accessories as required by projects. Responsible for multimedia duplication, if requested, which may include authoring and duplication for, but not limited to, classes, labs, events, functions and etc.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year as directed by department. Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents. Provide excellent customer service.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Positions available at Brookhaven campus.