Specialist, Testing Services
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$20.67 per hour
Support the Senior Manager by assisting with activities and management of a multi-campus Testing Services Department and its daily operations. Testing Specialists will also serve to support local school district partnerships and relevant community-based outreach efforts relating to the on-site and off-site administration of the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) and all its components.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
• Ability to interpret, understand and apply comprehensive knowledge of innovative technology platforms related to and in support of the holistic student experience.
• General knowledge and experience in working with student success programs.
• Experience with current and emerging technology related to student assessment and testing functions and resources.
• Knowledge of relevant academic resources to support the holistic student experience from entry to completion.
• An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities.
• Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the key interactions between the functions of Student Success (Admissions, Registrar & Testing) and Academic Affairs (Curriculum & Instruction).
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other staff on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates degree or higher. Official transcripts required.
• Two (2) years of experience in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in student assessment and testing services.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders.
• Ensures that appropriate and timely follow-up is made with applicants as they move through the enrollment process.
• Provide support to the College’s comprehensive testing and assessment services, which include GED testing, placement testing, state mandated and national testing programs, and other relevant computerized testing programs as determined by Dallas College to meet student testing needs.
• Administer and monitor a wide variety of tests to include state, national, and institutional; maintain security of testing materials to prevent loss or compromise; verify eligibility to test and identity for testing applicants; troubleshoot basic equipment or software problems.
• Utilize technology to access data, maintain records, and generate reports and communicate with others.
• Interpret, articulate, and implement a variety of regulations, guidelines and procedures for Student Assessment as governed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) related to GED testing services and similar agencies to ensure compliance with Dallas College, state and federal requirements.
• Prepares reports, proposals, and recommendations for overall programs; keeps detailed records of assigned activities.
• Represents and perform job duties and responsibilities for the Senior Manager in his/her absence.
• Conducts presentations and workshops promoting Student Assessment and Testing policies and procedures to Dallas College faculty, staff, and community organizations.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.