Testing Assistant (Learning Commons)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 yr+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
Assists the Deans, faculty, students and other professional staff in the organization and operation of the Testing Center.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to provide first-level Learning Commons service support for students, bridging their classroom learning by assisting with the location of learning materials, resources, and equipment.
• Able to respond to requests for general information with a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality, and accuracy.
• Able to effectively provide appropriate referrals to other service areas. Performs related service functions that support department operations.
• Understands the role this position plays within the College’s mission and deliver high quality service in the support of student success.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with both internal and external groups with diverse backgrounds.
• Able to prepare periodic reports, as necessary or requested.
• Strong commitment to providing world-class customer service.
• Proficient interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks/responsibilities and the ability to prioritize work.
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High school diploma or GED Experience working with the public.
• Strong customer service skills
• Skills in keyboarding, basic grammar, and basic math
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work with or without direct supervision in a busy student and faculty service environment.
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
• Associate degree
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with skills assessment testing
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous work experience in a community college/higher education environment
• Experience working within a “learning commons” environment that enables student success by closely partnering with faculty and across student learning services such as library, tutoring, testing, computing, and media.
*** Will be subject to criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administers, scores, and reports the results of English, Math, and other Academic tests.
• Ensures the efficient and accurate operation of the testing process.
• Proctors’ make-up, distance learning, and online exams.
• Provides assistance to faculty regarding make-up and distance exams.
• Maintains accurate and complete records of testing and other departmental services.
• Provides routine information and directs callers/visitors to appropriate personnel and/or departments.
• Provides results to students and faculty if required. And may refer students to Support Specialist or Advisors.
• Assists with clerical functions as assigned.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Utilizes excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to interact effectively with diverse multicultural individuals within the Dallas College community network.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.