Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 yr + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
E-learning Creative Services produces and distributes engaging digital products—videos, motion graphics, animations, and digital print—through web, streaming, and LMS platforms that promote student, faculty, and staff success throughout the Dallas College community.
The Production Assistant:
• Performs functions related to video production including camera, lighting, audio recording and editing.
• Participates in the recording of multicamera live events and projects.
• Collaborates with all groups in the Creative Services department.
• Supports all aspects of media production as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Understands the mission and vision of Dallas College.
• Basic knowledge of studio/field production.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player with great communication skills.
• Ability to work with a diverse team and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
• Ability to identify and follow policies and procedures assigned to perform tasks and projects.
• Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associate degree in related field.
• Three (3) months of experience using professional cameras, lighting instruments, audio recording equipment, editing, audio, and graphics software.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications.
• Portfolio samples required with application.
• Work hours may extend beyond the normal 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday, workday.
• Must have a current driver’s license for off-site travel.
• An official transcript will be required.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Transports, sets up, and operates lights, cameras, video switchers, microphones, and audio mixers as required for events and studio projects.
• Quickly resolves technical and aesthetic issues related to production projects.
• Performs necessary post-production functions such as importing raw footage, editing video, importing/creating graphics, adding music/narration/SFX, mixing audio.
• Manages, organizes, and archives project files according to department protocols.
• Stays up to date on new digital production technologies.
• Actively participates in brainstorming sessions and supports creative teams as needed.
• Works with Dallas College students in department’s internship program and other class projects.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.