Project Lead for Student Experience
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,000 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
• Manage day-to-day student-based relationship development processes for complex workforce development initiatives, apprenticeship projects and contract/corporate training, including work-based, employer-driven, earn-and-learn programs, and employer partnership management
• Lead cross functional teams with internal/external work groups to develop and improve multiparty initiatives on student projects that involve local/state/federal grants
• Responsible for grant-funded and apprenticeship project activities, such as gathering, analyzing, and maintaining data related to students, apprentices, training, revenues/expenditures, and other deliverables
• Research and identify proper resources to support and generate new opportunities for work-based learning and workforce initiatives for students and business/industry/community
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Business acumen for engaging students and fostering workforce development initiatives
• Experience creating, developing, managing, supporting, and coordinating student-based learning projects and/or work-based learning
• Knowledge of workforce development training structures and data
• Experience with local, state, and/or federal grant agencies and tracking/reporting systems such as RAPIDS and Appian Cloud based platforms
• Knowledge of workforce processes and procedures related to work-based learning and/or workforce initiatives
• Ability to make student-based decisions and choose the best course of action in any given circumstance
• Experience and knowledge working with internal systems/management tools such as Excel, Salesforce, Marketplace, and Colleague
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Two years college (preferred) or High School Diploma with three (3) years in workforce development and/or work-based learning (required)
• Three (3) years demonstrated experience building and retaining strong relationships between students and business/industry/community
• Three (3) years in business/industry/community engagement developing workforce solutions and/or work-based learning for students
• Three (3) years collecting and managing data for complex projects
• Two (2) years of demonstrated experience creating, developing, implementing, workforce initiatives, and grant and work-learn based projects in collaboration with students and business/industry/community
Must be a self starter and able to lead a team.
Must have experience coaching students.
Must have supervisory experience and be able to collaborate with cross-functioning teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Strategize on how to best approach a task and develop a concrete plan to lead and accomplish student and project success
• Disseminate information among team members and key stakeholders
• Keep track of project progress and ensure all documents are complete and submitted to appropriate work groups for proper data storage
• Set goals and motivate team members to accomplish targets and milestones
• Effectively manage team group dynamics to ensure positive work environment and achieve departmental goals
• Collaborate with various stakeholders, internal/external to create, facilitate business objectives and integrate solutions for student-based grants and work-based learning projects
• Work cross-functionally with internal/external work groups to develop and improve multiparty initiatives for students that involve local/state/federal grants and work-based learning initiatives
• Provide and share knowledge for process improvements to address the effectiveness of work processes and solutions
• Lead negotiations of resolutions for complex team projects by analyzing matrix data, determining the status of student-based relationships, timelines, and budget and performance goals to come to a solution that best accomplishes project completion
• Communicates appropriately with upper management regarding key initiatives, progress updates on various projects, etc.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.